Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Veteran's Day


First off, I want to thank all of those who have served our country and have sacrificed so much for our freedom. Thank you. I also want to thank all those who are currently involved in the Armed Services for their hard work and dedication. It shouldn't matter if the war is wrong or not, we should be supporting our troops and keeping them in our prayers.

That said, I wanted to write a quick update. I'm a little fired up today but I'm feeling better. I have my first lesson tomorrow which should be interesting. My lesson plan is complete... all I have to do is make my example and write out my note cards so I know what to say tomorrow. I'm also working on the huge pile of laundry that's been building up for a while now. I just got back a little while ago from McKinnon's which is a newer market in town. They have a huge butcher case and I picked up some chicken cutlets so I could make my famous Chicken Parm tonight. I was also able to pick up the extra things I needed because they are like a mini Market Basket. It was a fun time.

This weekend was a good one too. Friday night I stayed in with Rosie and watched a movie while Dougie went to poker. Saturday was my cousin Amanda's rollerskating birthday party. You should have seen me. I looked good on that floor, passing all the little kids and looking like a huge dork. Then I did some homework and then had dinner with the in-laws at TGIFriday's in Manchester.

Sunday was Mass and Father Art is back (he had a heart attack in early October so its nice to have him back). And then Dougie and I took Dave out for lunch for his birthday. We went to Fresh City and pigged out on salad and stir fry. Then Dougie and I went to his parents when I did homework and they watched the football games that were on. Finally, the best part was my trip to Hallmark with Kiki. She has a great appreciation for Hallmark so I invited her to the special private shopping event they had for their big spenders (yikes, that makes me one of them!!!) and they had champagne, chocolate, and lots of great deals. I got my Christmas cards buy 1 get the other half off and some other stuff for people for Christmas. It was a fun time and I was so glad Kiki could make it up. It's nice to know someone who loves Hallmark even more than myself. Plus I got to see some old co-workers and I find I really miss it. Maybe that will be my summer job when I'm a teacher?

Okay, I guess I better get back to work. I have some more reading to do for Wednesday and a fake lesson plan due for my Professional Prep class tomorrow. Ciao!

1 comment:

Danielle Athanas said...

I love McKinnons! They have awesome meats and desserts. :)

Glad that you had an awesome weekend!! :) You needed that little reprieve at Hallmark, that's for sure.