Thursday, February 21, 2008

First, please take a look at this blog I came across about readers:

http://blogs.edweek.org/teachers/book_whisperer/2008/01/have_you_praised_a_reader_toda.html

Second, today I ventured in a giant teacher store and I had a blast. It's called Teacher's Pet and its located on the Lawrence/ North Andover line and I've wanted to go there since I was a little girl. It was a bit overwhelming since its a huge place (I'm talking bigger than Dave and our apartment combined twice). I picked up a few literature guides for Macbeth and Animal Farm since I'll be teaching them this semester and had them place an order for Brave New World. These guides are going to be very helpful this semester. They include vocabulary, discussion questions, activities, paper topics, quizzes and/or tests, and anything else you might need.

Anyway, diving into Merchant of Venice. I can't believe I have to finish teaching it next week!!!!

2 comments:

Danielle Athanas said...

Wow to that blog entry. That was really insightful, thank you for sharing.

And... I can only imagine you in the teacher store today. You must have been super excited. What a great resource!

Kimberly Pye said...

You're in on the PIF! Send me your mailing address: kimberlypye {at} gmail {dot} com!

Thanks for joining in!