Tuesday, February 19, 2008

First teaching vacation

I know this seems crazy but I was looking forward to this school break, even though I've only been "teaching" for two weeks. I'm using this break to catch up on the unit I came into half way through (Dracula and Merchant of Venice), prepare for taking over some units (poetry and Merchant of Venice) and starting a new unit in March (Brave New World). On top of all this, I have correcting for two classes (two quizes and a small pile of one page papers). I hope you guys don't think this is complaining. I'm so glad I'm doing this stuff; It will prepare me for my first teaching job.

Speaking of that, I'm going to a teacher job fair the end of the month and I'm so excited/nervous. I'm going to talk to my mentor about it and see what suggestions she has. I'm hoping it might lead to at least one interview for this fall. I know Lowell Public School has eleven high school English teacher positions. Hopefully that is an option as well.

Anyway, I'm gonna get back to American Idol and reading Dracula. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Danielle Athanas said...

I don't think that's crazy at all! Hope you're enjoying your vacation and GOOD LUCK at the jobby fair next week. :)