Saturday, October 25, 2008

NEATE..... And a quick update

It's that time of year again.... The Fall New England Association of Teachers of English conference. I've spent the last two days immersed in everything teaching, which I totally needed. I was starting to get too comfortable in the classroom and hope to incorporate more innovative things (like reader response journals for the novels we read and improving our close reading skills).

In more school news, I spent one of my preps this week with the other 7th grade ELA teacher to map out our school year. I didn't realize how much had to be squeezed in!!! Right now I'm working on non-fiction with my students until mid-November. Then comes the sprint. I have so much to do between November and January.... It should be interesting. I'll post the whole schedule next week.

This week the hubby and I added a new member to the family... a new car! My hubby has always owned crappy used cars so it was time. We bought a 2008 Jetta VW!!!! My dreams have come true. I've always wanted a Jetta and now we have a bright red one :-) We pick it up tomorrow after work so I'll be sure to post pics!

Other than that, it was a very relaxing weekend. Got the new "Real Simple" and "Yankee" magazines so I had to read those cover to cover. Also corrected my butt off since end of first quarter is this week!!!! Now hubby and I are watching the Food Network (Pumpkin carving contest and then a special Iron Chef).

Hope everyone has a lovely week!

6 comments:

Danielle Athanas said...

How exciting about Doug's car!!! Can't wait to see the pics. :) Also, sounds like things have picked up in the world of Teacher Kristin. Also exciting. Can't wait to catch up with you soon!!!

Sarah said...

Congrats on the new car! We can't wait to see it! :-)

Unknown said...

Hi Spanks..Scarlett says "Hello!".

Anonymous said...

I was there too... presenting. You weren't by chance one of the folks in my Workshop, were you?

Anonymous said...

So glad to have found your blog! I'm a prep school teacher in New England myself. I'll be sure to stop by again!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I'm a Catholic as well.

I share your pain on the classroom management thing - the adjustment back to high school after two years teaching at a Jesuit university has been a bit of an adjustment.