Thank you Sweet, Sassy, and Always Classy http://mysweetandsouthernlife.blogspot.com/ , for tagging me for The Honest Scrap Award! And at the same time as I was singing your praises!!!!
The rules are...
(1) Choose a minimum of 7 blogs for brilliance in content/design
(2) Show the winners and let them know
(3) List at least 10 honest things about yourself
1. Danielle http://yelliebabi.blogspot.com/
2. Kristen http://fijifruits.blogspot.com/
3. Kimberly http://kimberlypye.blogspot.com/
4. Ms. George http://msgeorgemsenglishteacher.blogspot.com/
5. Kappa Prep http://kappaprep.blogspot.com/
6. Laura http://teachermuse.blogspot.com/
7. Barbara http://prayingforgrace.blogspot.com/
All seven of these ladies have inspired me through their words and their blogs! Sorry if any of you have already received this award... I'm hoping there are no repeats!
And now, my ten honest things:
1. I have some days where I leave my job and think, "Wow, middle school isn't too bad". I always dreamed of teaching high school so when I do have those days, I wonder how long I'll put off the move to high school and the novels I've always wanted to teach. It isn't a horrible thing but something that throws my plans off a bit.
2. I can't wait to buy a house this year. My hubby and I have been looking on and off since 2005 so the suspense is killing me. We really think this is the year though because of the low house prices, the possible tax credit, and the fact we have a good amount saved up for the down payment. Let's just hope neither of us lose our jobs (darn economy).
3. I have the baby bug! I have two friends who gave birth this past year and I'm starting to think I'm ready! Of course, hubby and I are waiting for a house but who knows!
4. I can't wait to take classes towards my Masters. I'll always love the fresh school supplies, new textbooks, and the adrenaline I feel when I write an essay or take test.
5. I take a nap (almost) every day after work. A guilty pleasure, I know! And its not even a short one. It's usually at least an hour, if not more. Then I wake up, ready to make dinner and do all my teacher stuff.
6. I am obsessed with Dave Matthews. I even got to meet him once! It was such an amazing night. It was the night before my birthday, too. I got to hug him and boy, I didn't want to let go!!!
7. I use Dove body wash, shampoo, and conditioner. I love the stuff, especially the body wash. Smells so good!!
8. I converted to Catholicism in 2007 and am so happy I did. I felt so lost spiritually and now I am so happy I found a home. I got involved right away and now I am a lector and Eucharist minister (I start my training soon!!!!) at my parish.
9. I wear my pearl earrings every day! I love how they dress up a casual outfit but also completes my more dressy stuff. Addicted!!!!
10. My 10 year high school reunion is coming up this fall and I'm a little excited to go. I honestly hated high school and had a crappy experience.... Remind me to tell you my yearbook story. Talk about ruining someone reputation because the wrong profile was put under my picture!
Boy, that was fun!!!! I hope you all enjoyed it and thanks so much for my very first blog award!!!!