Saturday, January 26, 2008

Simple things...

Quick update:

I started back at college this week for my pre-student teaching seminars. We are learning even more about what this semester will bring and how to be the best teachers we can be. I finally step into the classroom on Feb 4th and go until May 10. How exciting!!!

Also, I received a letter this week stating I am a newly nominated member of Kappa Delta Pi, the International Education Honor Society. What a huge honor it is! You need to have a 3.6 GPA to be consider (for graduate students) and I obviously have it so I am so pumped. I'm still getting more information about it and I will update as I know more.

Dougie left for Florida on Thursday so I'm a single chick this weekend (lol). He went down with his Dad to celebrate a family friend's retirement from the Army. I miss him so much and can't wait to have him back. We pick him up Sunday night at 9pm.

Last night was fun as well. Ashley, a friend and my favorite Alpha Sigma Tau sister, spent last night at my house. We rented two movies, had 99 takeout, and curled up on the couch. It was such a nice relaxing night with her. She is a fun person to hang out with plus she is working on her teaching credentials (elementary ed) so we share that love too.

Today I'm having tea with my old boss, Sarah, who is having a baby in May. I can't wait to see her. I haven't seen her since she's told us about the news so she must be showing by now! How exciting :-) We are going to a cute tearoom in Londonderry called Antiquiteas.

Anyways, that's my update. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. I know I will :-)

1 comment:

Danielle Athanas said...

Yay for a relaxing weekend... and CONGRATULATIONS again on your Honor Society invitation!!!! :)