Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What did I get myself into....

Okay folks... it's getting close. I officially start at my placement on the 4th and I'm seriously freaking out. I'll be taking over three different course: Film and Lit (12th graders), Critical Writing (10th grade honors), and Sophomore English (CP2). I've never read any of the texts I'll be teaching and at this point I don't know what my schedule will be like in terms of teaching lessons or planning units. It's very much up in the air and I hate that! Here are the texts for this semester:

F&L:
Dracula
The Color Purple
The Princess Bride
Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption

CW:
Merchant of Venice
Brave New World
Animal Farm
Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf

English 10:
Unit on Poetry (authors not yet selected)
Slaughterhouse Five
Macbeth

So that's the update for now. It should be a challenging and interesting semester to say the least. I'm hoping to make it through and not only been successful but also get hired. Those are my two fears right now and its stressing me out. I feel so jumbled and all over the place but I'm sure it will get better as I go along...

No comments: