Thursday, June 12, 2008

I made it!!!!!

Just in case people were wondering, I did survive student teaching. I actually came out feeling pretty good, although it was so much work and I cried almost every night. And I even miss it, which is crazy to think.

Now that school is out and I've graduated from the teaching program, I'm focusing on finding a job. So far its been a tough go. I heard from two schools but they are on the edge of my commuting area so I turned those opportunities down. I expanded my search to private schools, including Catholic high schools, so we'll see how that works. I'm trying to stay positive, but it is so hard to when some of my classmates already have positions. I'm happy for them, but at the same time, I feel jealous and bitter. I did so well academically that I figured I would have a job by now. Instead I've applied to 24 schools and I still haven't interviewed anywhere.

Dougie has been great about this whole thing. He wants me to focus on me right now and lean on my faith, which I pretty much put on the back burner this whole year. So today I went to the Shrine in Lowell for confession and Mass and did feel better. And I just need to remember to trust in the Lord and that whatever His will is, it will work out for the best.

I've been spending most days reading (for fun!!!) and spending time with Rosie, who I missed so much when I was in school. It is nice to return to everyday life.. taking care of the house and making dinner.

Anyway, its a lame update, but I figured some people would want to know I'm still here and that I made it. Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

Danielle Athanas said...

Like there was every any doubt about making it or not. :) Well... I didn't have any doubts. I knew you could do it. :)

So glad you're getting some time to relax and have fun and work through your faith. WELL deserved Tin Time. Enjoy it while it lasts. ;)

I'm so psyched for you that you made it, and I know it won't be long before you get your first job.

bluesky said...

I saw your link to Freerice and I thought you maybe interested in hearing about another great charity site called AIDtoCHILDREN.com. It donates money to children in need through World Vision.

Check it out at http://www.aidtochildren.com