Monday, November 24, 2008

Signs...

It's funny how things happen for a reason. This past weekend I had a bit of a relapse in terms of my worrying... I had issues with worrying too much back in hs and college (another story for another day). Well this weekend I felt overwhelmed so I wrote them all down on a piece of paper just to get them out of my head. Of few of them would be:
  • Paying for grad school
  • Choosing a grad program
  • Passing GRE and GRE Lit tests
  • Choosing a career path (middle school vs. high school teaching)
  • And a few other embarrassing ones

Dougie is always wonderful about my worries. He lets me sound them out to him and then he helps me cross them off by either giving me advice or telling how its something I can't help so why worry about it.

Today after my long day at school, I decided to make myself a nice hot cup of tea. I usually pull out the good loose leaf stuff but today I felt like a plain cup of tea. So I pulled the only kind I have in the house.... my scriptural tea with a bible verse on every tag. This was mine...

"Be anxious for nothing...let your requests be known to God" Philippians 4:6

Its so nice having those types of signs from up above :-)

1 comment:

Danielle Athanas said...

Amen to that. Steve and I were just discussing yesterday how amazing God is, and I think your Scripture Tea tag is just another one to add to the list. :)

***hugs***