Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I feel....

I feel like a horrible blogger. I barely post anymore and if I do, I feel it lacks substance. I read so many other insightful or entertaining blogs and think, wow if only I could have a blog like that. And then I see blog awards passed around..... I'm not trying to have a pity party. I just wished I could make this blog better! To one day be worthy....

Anyways, enough with the negativity.

Did anyone watch last night's Bachelor!!! OMG :-) I don't want to spoil it for those who recorded it and haven't seen it but I loved the last five minutes. I think Jason made the best decision there! My top three are still in: Jillian, Molly, and Melissa. I'm really rooting for them and I don't think I'm alone. I'm excited to see what the Seattle visit will bring. I feel like they are doing it earlier in the season but perhaps I'm wrong.

Teaching is rocking right now. We started a persuasive writing unit (yikes, teaching writing) but so far, so good. I really thought my low group would have a hard time with it but they did better than both my high and my average classes. I think its because I modified the lesson a bit and gave them the graphic organizer instead of them having to make it themselves. My goal of this unit is to tie it in with the "Our Town" unit we will be finishing next week. Since we've been talking about whether this book should be taught at the middle school level (I didn't read it until high school and even then I don't feel like I truly appreciate like I do now), I want them to try to persuade me whether I should teach it at this level (middle school vs. high school). It's still a work in progress but I would really like to hear what they think and see what they did or didn't get out of it.

Well, I'm off to correct the "Our Town" Act II quizzes from today! I'm pretty sure we'll have no school tomorrow (darn New England snow storms) but just in case, I need to be prepared!

3 comments:

Sweet, Sassy, Southern and Classy said...

Nooo! We LOVE your posts! Don't be so hard on yourself :)

I wasn't able to watch the Bachelor last night (I know, what was I thinking?!) so I've been waiting for them to put it online. I heard it was a really great episode. Jillian and Melissa are my favorites, as well, but Molly has been growing on me. I just can't wait to find out who he picks!

Ms. George said...

I second the emotion not to be too hard on yourself. I posted my (v. lengthy-sorry) reply to your question today. Take care...

Sweet, Sassy, Southern and Classy said...

I left you something on my blog :)